BOURNE, MASS. (WHDH) - The remaining Venezuelan migrants who were flown to Martha’s Vineyard and moved to Joint Base Cape Cod last month are on their way to new housing in-state and elsewhere, according to officials.

A spokesperson for the Executive Office of Public Safety and Security said the sheltering operation at JBCC, organized by state leaders after the migrants arrived three weeks ago, has come to an end.

In a statement, it was announced that the program ended “with all individuals transitioning into alternative housing or leaving the Commonwealth for opportunities in other states.”

“The Administration is grateful for the collaborative efforts between several state agencies and non-profit providers to ensure each individual received necessary humanitarian resources and access to new housing options,” the spokesperson said.

Dozens of migrants had been relocated at the base since Sept. 16, two days after being flown to Martha’s Vineyard Airport as part of an “immigration relocation” program promoted by Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis (R).

Over a dozen people, including families, have left the base already for opportunities in and outside Massachusetts. Gov. Charlie Baker (R) had announced on Tuesday that the remaining migrants could have alternative housing lined up as soon as the coming weekend.

In addition to food, health care and interpreters, the migrants also had access to legal services at the base, provided by the Justice Center of Southeast Massachusetts, along with other organizations and attorneys.

A number of migrants have filed a class action lawsuit against DeSantis and several other state officials in Florida, claiming they were lured to Massachusetts under false pretenses, according to court documents.

(Copyright (c) 2026 CNN. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)

Join our Newsletter for the latest news right to your inbox