Smell of gas prompts evacuation at Hanover Middle School

HANOVER, MASS. (WHDH) - Hanover Middle School was evacuated Friday morning due to a faint smell of gas in the building, officials said.

Firefighters responding to a report of a natural gas odor at the Whiting Street school evacuated the building for about 30 minutes.

The school was swept for a possible leak but nothing of concern was found.

Classes have since resumed as normal.

No injuries were reported.

(Copyright (c) 2020 Sunbeam Television. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)