BOSTON (WHDH) - This week on “What’s Cooking,” 7’s Sarah French visits Marliave in Boston to make the spring dish “Risi e Pisi,” or rice and peas.
Risi e Pisi Recipe
1 Quart Vegetable Stock (Onions, Carrots, Celery, Pea Leaves)
1 Cup Arborio rice
1 Cup English Peas
1 Cup Parmesan Cheese
1/2 Cup White Wine
1/2 Cup Pea Leaves
1/4 Cup Chopped White onion
2 Tablespoons EVOO
1 Tablespoon Chopped Shallots
2 Cloves Chopped garlic
1. Place Vegetable stock in a small pot and warm over medium heat.
2. Sautee onions, garlic, and shallots over a medium heat for about 1 minute. Add Arborio rice wait 2 minutes and then continue to add white wine bringing the rice to a boil. Stir occasionally.
3. Add stock periodically, stirring occasionally to allow the Arborio to become starchy. Continue this step until Arborio is al dente.
4. Stir in peas and parmesan cheese
5. Add pea leaves, and season with salt and pepper to you taste.
6. Buon Appetito!
(Copyright (c) 2018 Sunbeam Television. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)