State Fire Marshal: Leominster woman died in electrical fire

The State Fire Marshal’s office has determined that a fire that killed a woman in Leominster started in an electrical cord.

90-year-old Anna McCormack died in the fire on March 1st. McCormack lived alone in the home at 1051 Main Street.

State Fire Marshal Peter J. Ostroskey said the home did not have a working smoke detector.

“Fire is a terrible way to end a long life and our hearts go out to the victim’s family. The Leominster Senior SAFE program has partnered with the American Red Cross this year and can provide smoke alarms for older adults who need them.”

Peter J. Ostroskey, MA State Fire Marshal

The Leominster Senior SAFE program has partnered with the American Red Cross to provide smoke alarms for older people.People interested can call the Leominster SAFE program at 978-534-5950 or the American Red Cross of Central Massachusetts at (508_-595-3700.

(Copyright (c) 2016 Sunbeam Television. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)