There are overall state rankings and state rankings broken out by school district because unlike the high school rankings, there are no national rankings for K-8 schools, according to the digital media company.
About 81 percent of public schools with elementary and middle school grades received a ranking.
Scoring was mostly based on the performance of students on mathematics and reading/language arts state assessments.
The ten highest-ranked elementary schools in Massachusetts are:
- Martha Jones in Westwood
- Horace Mann in Melrose
- Albert S. Woodward Memorial School in Southboro
- Spring Street in Shrewsbury
- Mary Lee Burbank in Belmont
- Vinson-Owen Elementary in Winchester
- Chickering in Dover
- Ambrose Elementary in Winchester
- Deerfield School in Weswood
- Benjamin G Brown in Somerville
The ten highest-ranked middle schools in Massachusetts are:
- Thomas Prince in Princeton
- Boston Latin in Boston
- Heath in Chestnut Hill
- Wm Diamond Middle in Lexington
- Edith C Baker in Chestnut Hill
- Weston Middle in Weston
- O’Bryant School Math/Science in Boston
- Pollard Middle in Needham
- Jonas Clarke Middle in Lexington
- Sarah W Gibbons Middle in Westboro
To view more ranked schools in Massachusetts, click here.
(Copyright (c) 2021 Sunbeam Television. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)