Italian food doesn’t always mean pasta or meatballs. This week a nice big pork chop from Jack’s Restaurant in Malden is What’s Cooking.
- 2 center cut pork chops between 1 ¼ to 1 ½ thick.
- 6 slices of vinegar peppers (our own vinegar pepper recipe),
- ½ cup of vinegar juice from our own recipe
- 1 cup of chicken stock
- ½ teaspoon of dry basil
- 1 teaspoon of butter
- 2 medium sized red bliss roasted potatoes cut into 4 pieces each
- salt, black pepper and ½ tablespoon of flour
- Grill the pork chops to medium rare (about 120 degrees)
- Sauté’ butter then add the flour, vinegar peppers, potatoes (until a little browning on the potatoes, they have already been roasted)
- Add the dry basil, chicken stock, vinegar juice and cook for about 4 minutes.
- Place the pork chops into the sauté pan and cook additional 5 minutes until the pork chops are medium (145 degrees).
- Stack the pork chops up and cover with the sauce and that’s it.