Sweet and salty is a great combination and at Grill 23, their pastry chef is making up some sea salt caramels, that melt in your mouth for this week’s What’s Cooking.
Sea Salt Caramel
- 2 cups Heavy cream
- 5 oz Butter
- 2 tsp Fleur de sel
- 3 cups Sugar
- ½ cup Corn syrup
- ½ cup Water
- Line 9×13″ pan with parchment paper sprayed with pan spray.
- Bring cream, butter, and salt to a boil and set aside.
- Boil sugar, corn syrup, and water and cook until light golden.
- Carefully stir in cream mixture and simmer, stirring, until caramel registers 252 degrees.
- Pour into pan and cool before cutting.
- To serve, garnish with a piece of fleur de sel or dip in chocolate.