WHITMAN, MASS. (WHDH) - Whitman fire crews knocked down a fire that broke out inside a laundromat early Friday morning.
Fire crews responding to a reported fire at Larry’s Laundrette on Washington Street about 12:26 a.m., found smoke pouring out of the building, according to Fire Chief Timothy J. Grenno. Firefighters quickly entered the building an extinguished the flames, he said.
A preliminary investigation revealed the fire was caused by an electrical malfunction in a dryer motor.
The blaze caused an estimated $25,000 in damage. There were no reported injuries.
(Copyright (c) 2019 Sunbeam Television. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)