An 11-year-old girl is getting praise after her family’s Weston home went up in flames.

The fire torched the second floor of the home on Thursday.

The girl’s mom says she smelled smoke and found a couch on fire upstairs.

Anna, 11, grabbed her mom’s phone in the middle of the chaos.

She didn’t know the password to unlock the phone, but was able to figure out how to make the call to 911.

Her mom says she’s grateful for her daughter’s quick thinking.

Workers had to board up the damage, and she says the family won’t be able to go back in their home for at least a month, if at all.

(Copyright (c) 2016 Sunbeam Television. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)

Join our Newsletter for the latest news right to your inbox