It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas! And what better way to help you celebrate than with a rich, decadent chocolate torte?
The Dish: Chocolate Brandy Cake
The Restaurant: The Langham’s Cafe Fleuri
Pastry Chef: Jed Hackney
— 7 OZ High quality Semisweet Chocolate (Valhrona, Scharffen Berger)
— 6 OZ Butter
— 6 OZ Granulated Sugar
— 4 Whole Eggs
— 4 OZ Almond Flour
— 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
— 2 OZ Grand Marnier (brandy)
1. Pre Heat Oven to 325 F
2. Prepare 10″ Round Spring Form Cake pan with nonstick spray and parchment paper to the bottom of the pan.
3. Melt chocolate and butter together over water bath on medium heat. Make sure to watch the sides of the bowl for signs of scorching.
4. Once chocolate and butter are melted, whisk in sugar and eggs. Remove from heat.
5. Fold in remaining ingredients and pour into prepared cake pan
6. Bake until cake is set, about 30 minutes. Allow to cool completely before unmolding.
7. Dust with cocoa powder and serve with whipped creme fraiche and berries