PORT ST. LUCIE, Fla. (WHDH) — A man’s car went up in flames in Florida and he said his cellphone is to blame.
Clifford Samuels said he was charging his Samsung Galaxy S7 cellphone on the passenger seat next to him when he heard a popping sound. Moments later, his phone burst into flames.
“I see flames come up, then bigger flames and when I pull over the flames just expand,” said Samuels.
Samuels pulled over and escaped just as the flames spread and engulfed his car. He said he is gld to be alive.
Samsung announced Thursday it would recall around 1 million Galaxy Note 7 phones due to a burn hazard.
(Copyright (c) 2016 Sunbeam Television. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)