FBI investigating multiple school threats across the state

The FBI is assisting local police who responded to school threats in multiple towns on Friday.

According to State Police, Bourne High School and Arlington Catholic High School received "robo call" threats.

Quincy Police responded to two additional high schools that received similar threats. 

State Police said there was a separate bomb threat at Chelsea High School that does not appear to be connected. 

State Police released a statement Friday afternoon:

The investigation into the source of these threats is on-going by several law enforcement agencies, including federal agencies as similar threats were experienced in Maryland today as well. Law enforcement must take every threat seriously until they can ascertain that there is no actual risk. The disruption to local schools and to public safety personnel is serious and not taken lightly. Perpetrators of hoax bomb threats will be prosecuted to the full extent of the law.

Arlington

Arlington Police Tweeted on Friday they were responding to a bomb scare at St. Agnes School Friday afternoon. 

According to police, the school has been evacuated. 

The Arlington Police Department also investigated a bomb threat made against Arlington High School.

Police responded to the school around 1:30 p.m. after the school reported someone had called in a bomb threat. 

The school was evacuated out of an abundance of caution. 

No injuries were reported. After a search, officers determined around 3:30 p.m. that nothing harmful was inside the school. 

Barre

Police responded to a report of a possible threat involving a student at Quabbin High School on Friday afternoon. 

According to the Barre Police Facebook page, the school has been placed into "shelter-in-place" mode. 

Police said information was provided to the superintendent’s office and the dispatch center about the threat. 

One student has been detained, police said. 

No injuries have been reported. 

Falmouth

Falmouth Police said Falmouth  High School received a bomb threat as well. 

According to police, an investigation revealed that the threat is likely a hoax, but students and staff were evacuated from the school as a precaution and the school is now being searched. So far, police have not said any of the threats were credible. 

Plymouth 

All after school activities were cancelled at Plymouth South High School on Friday after a phone call came in to the school just before dismissal at 2 p.m. that officials called "unsettling." 

The school contacted police, who did a search of the building and determined that there was nothing suspicious inside. 

Weymouth

Police also responded to a threat at two middle schools in Weymouth. 

According to Weymouth Superintendent Kevin Sailine, the school received a bomb threat by phone for Chapman and Abigail Adams schools. 

Students were evacuated and relocated to the closest elementary schools. 

Ava Politio was in math class at the time.

"Over the loud speaker they said ‘Evacuate the building. This is not a drill,’" Politio said.

Nothing was found in either of the schools.

Threats also came in to schools in Chelsea, Bourne, Mashpee and Dorchester. 

As this was happening in Massachusetts, schools in Maryland were experiencing the same thing.

(Copyright (c) 2016 Sunbeam Television. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)