Friday morning Khairullozhon Matanov was arrested inside his apartment in Quincy when the FBI reportedly broke down his door. Here is a timeline of what lead to his arrest and the events since.
- Matanov moves to United States after living in Kyrgyzstan. Parents and two brothers stay behind, two other brothers live in Russia.
April 15, 2013:
- 2:49 p.m.: Two bombs explode near Boston Marathon finish line. Tamerlan and Dzhokhar Tsarnaev are later announced as suspects.
- 3:31 p.m.: Matanov calls Tamerlan Tsarnaev. Shortly after he calls Dzhokhar Tsarnaev several times with no answer.
- Later: Matanov and the Tsarnaevs have dinner together.
April 19, 2013:
- Early Morning: Tsarnaevs get in shootout with police; Tamerlan is killed, Dzhokhar escapes.
- Matanov goes to Braintree Police where he says he knew Tamerlan. Investigators say he didn’t reveal depth of relationship. Several meetings with the FBI follow over the next year.
- Night: Dzhokhar is discovered in a boat and placed under arrest.
Late April, 2013:
July / August 2013:
- Matanov enrolls in summer term at Quincy College. Financial difficulty reportedly caused him to dropout.
May 30, 2014: