Falafel is a common street food in the Middle East and it’s gaining popularity right here in the Bay State! Fordee’s in Watertown shows us how to make them in this week’s What’s Cooking.
- Soak chickpeas in water for 12-14 hours
- Chop vegetables; onion, scallion, hot peppers, green pepper, celery, parsley and garlic.
- Mix with chickpeas and grind
- Add spices; salt and pepper plus whatever you like, to taste
- Use an ice cream scoop to create balls
- Deep fry
- Serve with pita, hummus and salad