BOSTON (WHDH) - CVS Health announced Thursday that they are opening 12 new drive-thru coronavirus test sites in Massachusetts, bringing the total number in the state to 21.
The healthcare company says the new sites will utilize self-swab tests. Nine other locations opened on May 15.
The following COVID-19 testing locations are slated to open on Friday:
• CVS Pharmacy, 1010 Revere Beach Parkway, Chelsea, MA 02150
• CVS Pharmacy, 419 East Falmouth Highway, East Falmouth, MA 02536
• CVS Pharmacy, 150 Lafayette Square, Haverhill, MA 01832
• CVS Pharmacy, 480 North Franklin Street, Holbrook, MA 02343
• CVS Pharmacy, 842 South Franklin Street, Holbrook MA 02343
• CVS Pharmacy, 136 Ashley Boulevard, New Bedford, MA 02746
• CVS Pharmacy, 272 Highland Avenue, Salem, MA 01970
• CVS Pharmacy, 720 Boston Turnpike Road, Shrewsbury, MA 01545
• CVS Pharmacy, 215 College Highway, Southwick, MA 01077
• CVS Pharmacy, 800 Lexington Street, Waltham, MA 02154
• CVS Pharmacy, 301 Central Street, Winchendon, MA 01475
• CVS Pharmacy, 652 South Street, Wrentham, MA 02093
Patients who schedule an appointment in advance at CVS.com will be given self-swab test under the guidance of a CVS Pharmacy team member, who will make sure it is done properly.
Tests will be sent to an independent, third-party lab for processing and the results will be available in approximately three days.
CVS Health expects to have up to 1,000 locations across the country offering drive-thru tests by the end of May, with the goal of processing up to 1.5 million tests per month.
The 21 test sites in Massachusetts are part of a total of nearly 350 locations across 14 states including Arizona, California, Connecticut, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Louisiana, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, and Texas.
(Copyright (c) 2020 Sunbeam Television. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)