WESTBORO, MASS. (WHDH) - Fire officials are crediting a dog with helping a person escape flames that broke out at a home in Westborough overnight.

A neighbor’s dog alerted the resident to a fire on the outside of the house on Hundreds Road, according to the Westborough Fire Department.

Firefighters responding to the scene quickly extinguished the flames, which created limited damage to the home’s deck and hot tub.

There were no reported injuries.


(Copyright (c) 2024 Sunbeam Television. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)

Join our Newsletter for the latest news right to your inbox