An electronic cigarette exploded, causing a fire in an apartment on Friday.

The fire began when the owner plugged in the e-cigarette overnight. He woke to his alarm and found a small fire next to his bed.

It’s not the first time it’s happened recently. A man in Kentucky had an e-cigarette catch fire in his pocket earlier this week. His jeans caught fire as he exited the store.

Firefighters who responded to the scene said most of the time, the incident is due to operator error. In this instance, the man was using the wrong charger for the cigarette.

(Copyright (c) 2016 Sunbeam Television. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)

Join our Newsletter for the latest news right to your inbox