MANCHESTER, N.H. (WHDH) - A firefighter was rushed to the hospital Monday after suffering a medical event while battling a blaze that tore through a home in Manchester, New Hampshire.
Fire crews responding to a reported structure fire at 466 South Beech St. around 10 a.m. found flames shooting from the second floor of a two-story home.
Soon after firefighters rushed into the building, sources tell 7’s Steve Cooper there was a dramatic mayday call followed by crew members frantically performing CPR on an injured firefighter.
The firefighter, 53-year-old Craig Ferry, who is a 23-year veteran of the force, was rushed to Elliot Hospital in cardiac arrest.
He remains in stable but serious condition at this time.
Neighbors said they are shaken by all they had seen on Monday.
The cause of the fire appears to be an overloaded extension cord
This is a developing news story; stay with 7NEWS on-air and online for the latest details.
(Copyright (c) 2021 Sunbeam Television. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)