LAWRENCE, MASS. (WHDH) - Three homes in Lawrence were forced to evacuate following yet another gas leak Tuesday, officials said.
Fire officials said a contractor struck a gas line, leading to a leak on Canton Street.
No one was injured, and the people who were forced to leave were allowed back into their homes.
The leak comes less than a week after a leak Friday that forced hundreds of people out of their homes early in the morning, after a contractor accidentally punctured a gas main that was incorrectly labeled as a water valve.
(Copyright (c) 2019 Sunbeam Television. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)