CARVER, MASS. (WHDH) - A man was rushed to the hospital Tuesday after a gas explosion in Carver, officials say.
Emergency crews responding to reports of a gas explosion about 2:15 p.m. in the area of 32 West St. found a man suffering from burns to his face, hands, and respiratory system, according to Carver police.
The man was transported to Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital in Plymouth awaiting the arrival of a medical helicopter.
Officials determined the explosion occurred when gasoline, believed to be water, was accidentally thrown into a burning fire.
(Copyright (c) 2020 Sunbeam Television. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)