BOSTON (WHDH) - Sarah French and Chef Gaitskell Cleghorn Jr., a Chef Educator for Project Bread, are making pear quesadillas in this week’s What’s Cooking.
Cleghorn creates recipes to make sure students at Fenway High School are getting the nutrition they need. The pear quesadillas were tested by the students, who ended up loving the dish.
Pear Quesadilla (Serves 25)
from Chef Gaitskell Cleghorn, Jr.
Chef Educator for Project Bread
25 10inch Quesadilla
3 pounds grated mozzarella cheese
1 ½ cup & ½ TBS Parmesan Cheese
6 pears cored and sliced or diced
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Lay tortillas on a clean surface.
3. Spoon ½ cup mozzarella cheese, ½ TBS parmesan cheese, and ¼ cup of diced or sliced pear on each tortilla.
4. Fold each tortilla in half and place on a sheet pan sprayed with pam.
5. Spray tops of quesadillas with additional pam and cook in oven for 10-15 minutes, or to desired texture.
6. Cut each quesadilla in half or into four pieces and place in warmer box. Serve a full quesadilla per person.
(Copyright (c) 2018 Sunbeam Television. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)