Shortbread Cookie Bars
Serve this magnificent and delicious dessert for any holiday. The buttery brown sugar shortbread crust is filled with a sweetened condensed milk caramel and topped with dark chocolate and Harbor Sweets’ Sweet Sloops Crunch, an Almond Buttercrunch Toffee.
It’s a showstopper that yields 52 bars cut into 1 ½ inch squares
- 9 x 13 inch pan
- 3/4 cup of butter, room temperature
- 3/4 cup of light brown sugar
- 1½ cups flour
- 1 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 2 cups 70% cacao
- dark chocolate bits
- 1 jar of Harbor Sweets Sweet Sloops Crunch
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Line a 9 x 13 inch pan with foil and spray lightly with nonstick spray.
- Beat 3/4 cup of butter and sugar together until combined, 1-2 minutes.
- Mix in flour. Mixture will be slightly dry. Press into prepared pan.
- Bake for 15 minutes until lightly golden. Remove from oven and allow to cool slightly.
- In a small saucepan heat sweetened condensed milk and 2 tbsp. butter together until smooth
- Pour over shortbread crust. Bake 12-15 minutes until filling is bubbly and browned.
- It will almost take on a light caramel appearance.
- Remove from oven.
- Immediately sprinkle dark chocolate chips on top of filling when it comes out of the oven.
- Place back in oven for 2 minutes until chips are shiny and soft.
- Carefully spread the soft chips over the filling more with a spatula.
- Sprinkle a jar of Harbor Sweets Sweet Sloop Crunch, over dark chocolate.
- Allow to cool completely before cutting into squares.
- Or put in the refrigerator to speed up the cooling process.
- Slice and serve.