BOSTON (WHDH) - 7’s Bri Eggers met celebrity chef Sandra Lee at Sur La Table in Boston, where they baked a chocolate chip pumpkin spice bundt cake.
Lee was in Boston as part of her tour across America with MasterCard, celebrating priceless cities.
Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Spice Bundt Cake
(from Bakednyc.com or surlatable.com)
1 Package Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Spice Bundt Cake mix (40 oz)
3 Large eggs, at room temperature
3/4 cup canola oil.
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Generously spray a 10 to 12 cup Bundt cake pan with non-stick cooking spray. Be sure to spray all the nooks and crannies
2. In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs and oil with 1/3 cups of room temperature water until well-blended
3. Sprinkle the cake mix over the mixture and use a rubber spatula to fold the batter together until just combined. Make sure there are no pockets of dry mix, but do not overmix.
4. Pour the batter into the prepared pan and smooth it out. Bake 70-80 minutes, rotating the pan halfway through. Cake is done when a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
5. Transfer the pan to a wire rack and let cool for 20-25 minutes. Gently loosen the sides of the somewhat cooled cake from the pan and turn it out onto the cooling rack. If desired, dust with powdered sugar. Let cool completely and serve.
(Copyright (c) 2017 Sunbeam Television. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)