We're heading into my favorite holiday weekend. As we get closer to Independence Day, it seems the smiles around town get bigger and the forecast gets better. If you liked the weather today (upper 70s with more sun than clouds) then you will love the weekend ahead. The best news?? Storm FREE! After yesterday's wackiness, I'm most thankful for this. Also, I'm sure after last year's 4th of July weather (T.S. Arthur), most everyone in Boston is thankful for this year's forecast as well.
The front that moved through with a whole lotta trouble yesterday is just to our south tonight. Rain and storms are riding along that front and will stay to our south, but may still graze the Cape and islands overnight tonight. It won't be anything severe, but some wet weather could be in store as well as some rumbles of thunder right around the midnight hour. Again, that's just for the Cape and islands and mostly likely the farther SE you go… Most of us get none of this action tonight. Phew!
Yes, a storm-free weekend is in store! Though, some clouds may "crash the sunshine party" on Saturday (that's a quote from JR, I believe, and I dig it) but we stay dry. After yesterday, we can deal with some cloud cover. The fireworks forecast looks great with light wind and temps in the low to mid 70s for most.
Bullet points for the weekend:
* Storm Free (can't say it enough)
* Friday Sunshine, temps in the low 80s except for along the coastline. A sea breeze will keep the coast in the mid 70s.
* Saturday is partly to mostly cloudy but most likely dry. (Yeah, I snuck that in there… there's a VERY SLIGHT chance of a short lived pop-up shower, but it's a complete miss for most). Highs will be in the mid to upper 70s.
* Sunday is the BEST beach day… but feel free to spend all three days dipping your toes in the water. Highs in the low 80s with the Cape and islands in the mid to upper 70s.
* Pack the SPF 35+ ;c) Had to throw that in there.
Have a wonderful weekend! I'll be here through Monday, so feel free to check in with 7News from time to time. – Breezy