CONCORD, N.H. (WHDH) — Four men have been ordered held without bail after gunshots rang out early Saturday morning during a massive melee outside a wedding in Concord, New Hampshire, officials said.

Local and state police responding just before 1:30 a.m. to what they thought was an active shooter situation at Bektash Temple on Pembroke Road found several people fighting among a group of 300 wedding-goers.

George Langwasser, of the Shriners Fraternal Organization, helps run the temple and is stunned by the violent incident.

“This is just so foreign that I’m at a loss for words,” Langwasser said.

Witnesses reported shots being fired behind the venue in a parking lot between two rival groups from Columbus, Ohio, and Nashville, Tennessee. Dozens of people were detained as police sorted out the incident.

An argument on social media between several women prompted the out of town guests to show up at the wedding, according to prosecutor Jacki Smith.

“It’s not apparent this defendant was invited to the wedding but came up with a group of people from Ohio knowing a fight was likely to ensue,” Smith said.

Salim Hussein, 22, of Nashville, allegedly pointed a pistol out of the window of a white Chrysler and fired it as he tried to flee but another vehicle crashed into Hussein before he could get away, officials said.

Investigators remained at the scene through the day Sunday while they tried to piece together the incident. In addition to Hussein, police arrested Ali Dahr Hussein, 20, of Columbus, Abdi Osman Mohamed, 18, of Erie, Pennsylvania, and Jafar Kahalid Issak, 19, of Columbus.

Issak was also in possession of a firearm and was waving it around, prosecutors said.

No injuries were reported as a result of the gunfire but many children were present when the shots were fired, officials said.

Terrified witness Marisa Amico, who lives nearby, captured the wild encounter on video.

“These people were in sweatpants and hoodies,” Amico said. “We saw them darting off into the woods. There was screaming and gunshots.”

Langwasser said Shriner’s is re-evaluating who they will let use the facility moving forward.

“Whoever comes through that door and rents this ought to feel safe and have a good function,” Langwasser said.

All four men were arraigned Monday on felony charges. They are due back in court at a later date.

(Copyright (c) 2024 Sunbeam Television. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)

Join our Newsletter for the latest news right to your inbox