WEST SPRINGFIELD, MASS. (WHDH) - The food options at the Eastern States Exposition (The Big “E”) are always one of the featured attractions, and this year is shaping up to be another year with options that range from interesting to downright bizarre (and still probably tasty).
Among the new foods scheduled to be at the fair this year include:
- Kielbasa chili
- Cinn-a-Roll mini doughnuts (covered with cinnamon cream cheese and a sugar glaze)
- Pulled pork poutine; Ground sirloin and corn poutine
- Shrimp macaroni and cheese
- Tater tot keg kabobs
- Pot roast patty melts
- Deep-fried Pop Tarts
- Deep-fried corn on the cob
- The Frozé Martini, made with vodka and Rosé wine
- Messy Magnus — a beer-braised pulled pork apple fritter sandwich
- Nacho Sundae
- Dilly Dilly Dog — a cored pickle with a hot dog inside, dipped in corn dog batter
You can find the full list of new foods and other options, as well as some of the 2017 favorites, on the Big E website.
The two-week festival starts Sept. 14.
(Copyright (c) 2019 Sunbeam Television. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)