BROCKTON, MASS. (WHDH) - Fire crews battled a blaze that damaged the kitchen of a restaurant in Brockton early Saturday morning, officials said.

Firefighters responding to a reported fire at Maui Restaurant at 1875 Main St. around 2:45 a.m. found smoke in the building and pouring out of the roof area.

An investigation determined that the fire originated in an oven, causing significant heat damage to the kitchen.

No additional information was immediately available.

This is a developing story; stay with 7NEWS on-air and online for the latest updates.

(Copyright (c) 2021 Sunbeam Television. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)

Join our Newsletter for the latest news right to your inbox