Firefighters battle house fire in Shrewsbury

Firefighters were on a scene of a house fire in Shrewsbury Sunday morning.

The fire started at a house on Shady Lane at 11:21 a.m. Firefighters said the fire sparked in an upstairs bedroom and most of the damage was contained to the one room.

All the residents escaped safely without injury. Firefighters said the cause of the fire was accidental.

(Copyright (c) 2016 Sunbeam Television. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)