MARLBOROUGH, MA (WHDH) - Police are investigating after an unresponsive infant found at a Marlborough house with two unresponsive adults died Thursday.
Police said they responded to the house on Harrison Place at 11:48 a.m. for a 911 call reporting an unresponsive infant and two unresponsive adults.
The 2-month-old baby boy was transported to the hospital and pronounced dead. The two adults, a 19-year-old woman and 23-year-old man, remain hospitalized. Neighbors said the woman is Peruvian and lived at the house with her boyfriend and mother. A man who said he is the woman’s cousin said she and the man were the baby’s parents.
“The Department received a report and is investigating in collaboration with law enforcement. Due to the ongoing criminal investigation, there will be no further information at this time,” the Department of Children and Families said in a statement.
People who live on the street are surprised and deeply concerned that the baby died. Neighbors said the family had a baby shower two months ago and invited everyone on the street.
“I’m kinda freaked out a little. Usually on this street nothing ever happens,” said neighbor Nicole Soo.
Sources told 7News that emergency responders administered Narcan to at least one of the adults. Narcan is a drug used to reverse the effects of drug overdoses.
(Copyright (c) 2018 Sunbeam Television. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)